24/7 Flood Damage Cleaning For Homes and Businesses In FL
In Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and surrounding towns count on 24/7 Restoration for quick flood damage cleaning
Flood damage cleaning is a fairly common need in our warm weather climate. With storm season comes heavy rainfall that can cause storm and surface flooding to various degrees. These floods can wreak havoc on your property.
Types Of Flooding
Regarding loss of life and damage to property, floods are the second most destructive type natural disaster, and our warm weather climate is the perfect place for floods to brew. There are many different types of floods, and the considerations are different for each.
- Overbank flooding: This is when heavy rainfall causes the banks of a river, stream or lake to overflow. You are particularly at risk to this type of flooding if your property lies near a body of water.
- Flash floods: Usually, floods come with some amount of warning, but a flash flood is defined by a quickly developing flood that reaches its peak within 6 hours of the precipitating event. Flash floods also usually consist of extremely fast-moving water, making them even more dangerous.
- Coastal flooding: If your home or business lays along the coastline, be extra wary about coastal flooding. This is most common as a side effect of a hurricane or tropical storm. During these kinds of storms, much of the damage is actually caused by flooding in addition to windspeed.
Water Damage Restoration for the Following Businesses
Effects Of Flooding To Your Property
Flooding inside your property can range from mild to severe, but no matter how serious the flood, you are bound to need help repairing and restoring the area. There are so many ways your property can be affected, from structural damage to destruction of belongings to mold growth. For these reasons, it is extremely important that the water is cleared and the area dried as quickly as possible.
- Structural damage: It is likely that any water damage resulting from flooding will leave some form of structural damage in its wake. However, much of that can be reduced by quick service to the area. Prolonging the treatment of the building can cause rot to set in and threaten the integrity of the materials and the structure itself.
- Destruction of property: Unfortunately, you will undoubtably lose some of your personal possessions in a flood. Hopefully, the loss will be minimal, but you can take steps to salvage what can be saved and to prevent other items from becoming damaged.
- Mold growth and other health concerns: We share your concern for the health and safety of your family or employees and customers, and we want to help assuage those fears by making the property safe and clean.
Working With Your Insurance
When it comes to water damage repair, be careful who you trust with your property, time and money. Many companies will render services before dealing with insurance matters and charge you the excess bill anyway.
Here at 24/7 Complete Restoration, we recognize that the world of insurance is confusing and complicated. We are happy to work as a contact between you and your insurance company. Most insurance policies require that you report flood damage within a tight time frame in order to cover the cleanup.
Call us as soon as possible to ensure you get the whole project covered. We will work with you one on one with your specific policy.
Don’t Let Flooding Destroy Your FL Property Permanently
Flood damage cleaning is a huge task and should not be handled alone. Get help fast to mitigate the damage to your home or business. With 24/7 Complete Restoration you can rest easy knowing experts are fixing your flood damage.